1. Spend your morning outdoors strolling through Carleton College’s Cowling Arboretum. The 150-acre forest and prairie restorations provide excellent bird and wildlife watching.
2. You must be hungry! Let’s get lunch at Hogan Brothers Acoustic Café. With a wide variety of hoagies, flatbreads and extra goodies, your group will have many delicious options to choose from.
3. Start your afternoon learning about the unique history of Northfield. At the Northfield Historical Society, your group will experience life in the 1800s and learn of the failed bank robbery attempt by the James-Younger Gang. This small museum will not disappoint! There is always something new and different to see and experience!
4. Time of a snack! Enjoy a sweet treat from CakeWalk! Try their famous Black Velvet Cupcake or one of them many others to choose from (and it’s not an easy choice!) This bakery specializes in unique dessert and cake offerings, using only the finest ingredients!
5. Visit Northfield Olive Oil & Vinegars store. This one of a kind shop will tantalize your taste buds and ignite and get you excited about your next culinary experience! Store staff will lead you in a tasting session and show you how to expertly pair your olive oils and vinegars to make excellent meals! No cooking experience necessary!
6. Dinner at The Ole Store Restaurant, located near St. Olaf College. This charming neighborhood restaurant boasts an upscale, casual, contemporary menu. Their seasonal menus are designed to showcase local ingredients, fresh produce and the finest meats.