Is it spring? It feels like it with these mild temps! Check out these great things you won’t want to miss this weekend!
- Friday Noontime Concert: Randall Ferguson | Friday, Feb. 17 at Noon | Northfield Public LibraryClassical guitar, flamenco guitar and ukulele.
- Carleton Symphany Orchestra | Friday, Feb. 17 at 7pm | Concert Hall, Carleton
Ronald Rodmad director.
- Dial M for Murder | Fri/Sat 7:30pm & Sun 2pm | Northfield Arts Guild Theater
When murder calls…hang up! Deception, betrayal, passion and greed prove potent ingredients for a perfect mystery in this gripping thriller, famously filmed by Alfred Hitchcock. Ex-tennis professional Tony Wendice married his wife Margot for her money. Now he plans to kill her for the same reason. When his precise murder plot goes awry, can he improvise an equally deadly plan B? The exciting ending of this psychologically suspenseful story, which has thrilled audiences for decades, will leave you breathless at the edge of your seat.
- Downstream Environmental Film Series: Video & Activism | Sat 4:30pm | Weitz Center, Carleton
Several films, including Chris Malloy’s The Fisherman’s Son: the Spirit of Ramon Navarro, will be shown. Details at downstreamfilmseries.com
- Carleton Chinese Music Ensemble | Sun 3pm | Concert Hall, Carleton College
The Carleton Chinese Music Ensemble performs on traditional bowed strings, plucked strings, winds and percussion instruments. Their repertoire includes Chinese classical, folk, percussion, minority and contemporary music. A professional Guzheng Ensemble from Sichuan Conseravatory of Music in China will also perform at the concert. Gao Hong, director.